Friday, September 11, 2009

#17 - In Which We Affirm The Dictionary Would Not Be Improved By Making It One Big Word

[2:26:10 pm]CompressedRomeo:hey

[2:26:20 pm]TheSnob:Hello.

[2:28:16 pm]CompressedRomeo:howareyou dear

[2:29:00 pm]TheSnob:Faring fairly well. And yourself?

[2:29:19 pm]CompressedRomeo:imwonderful

[2:29:31 pm]TheSnob:You seem to be having spacebar malfunction!

[2:29:51 pm]CompressedRomeo:it keepssticking

[2:30:21 pm]TheSnob:I hate when that happens... some canned air, and alcohol on cotton swabs usually helps with that.

[2:31:02 pm]CompressedRomeo:ok

[2:32:36 pm]TheSnob:If you're really careful, with some keyboards you can even pop off the keys to clean underneath. :)

[2:32:52 pm]CompressedRomeo:oh

[2:33:20 pm]TheSnob:The spacebar is usually the hardest one to pop off, because it's usually held in with a pair of springloaded wires....

[2:34:21 pm]CompressedRomeo:yeah
[2:34:46 pm]CompressedRomeo:thats my cellphone
[2:35:16 pm]CompressedRomeo:423217****

[2:36:03 pm]TheSnob:Why are you giving me that?

[2:36:40 pm]CompressedRomeo:sorry imeant togivetosoeoneelels
[2:37:00 pm]CompressedRomeo:ifyouwanted it
[2:37:09 pm]CompressedRomeo:soyoucansend me txt

[2:37:21 pm]TheSnob:I don't text strangers.

[2:37:27 pm]CompressedRomeo:ok

[2:37:46 pm]TheSnob:You should definitely look into cleaning under your spacebar.

[2:37:56 pm]CompressedRomeo:ok
[2:48:47 pm]CompressedRomeo:iwillokintothat



So from what I could gather from his garbled communication is that, somehow, he was IMing me using his mobile phone, and poorly at that. I am well aware of the uses of a mobile for text and internet; it's one of the main reasons I have a phone. I'm constantly online, I IM with friends... I use it for text and data far, far more than I ever do as an actual phone, although that portion of it is handy as well.

That said? The only difference I make sure people I'm writing to ever see, when I'm on my mobile, is that my response time is a bit slow, because I simply cannot type as fast there as I do upon a regular keyboard. I don't shorten or skip words. I don't leave off punctuation. I certainly don't avoid my space key as if it's been fitted with plague-bearing neelpoints, the way thig man was!

Beyond that - really, your cell phone number, to a stranger on the internet? I'm actively restraining myself from posting it to 4chan, to let the lovely lovely /b/tards teach him a lesson about personal safeguards.

But I'm not an asshole, I'm just a snob.





With a clean keyboard.

1 comment:

  1. :)
    Always fun to read your posts!
    :)
    All the best Bliss,
    @RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete